Energy Audit – Pumping Systems
An Energy Audit is performed by our trained professionals, It focuses on the load the pump is handling and variations in flow during a short and well defined period. Our team sets up various equipment to measure and record the following:
- Countable values (Eg. flow and energy consumption)
- Analogue values (Eg. pressure, temperature, levels)
- Incident rates (Eg. pump start/stop, valve open/close)
Pumps or Pumping Systems are at the heart of your processes or facilities. Everyday pumps make your business or industries run, but they come at a price. Not only in the cost of purchase, but in the daily operation cost of the pumping system. Data shows that 85 % of the total life cycle costs of your pumps relate to the energy consumed to run the pumps or pumping systems. By adopting energy-efficient pumping systems, huge savings can be guaranteed.
A typical Energy Audit of your pumps or pumping systems can provide a saving of 30-50% on the operational costs of your pumps. Any installation or system with old, oversized, inefficient or unsuitable pumps is likely to keep these savings hidden – an Energy Audit can help you to discover the potential.
The audit assesses the efficiency of your pumps or pumping systems and proposes changes to be made to improve its efficiency. The proposals are supported by calculations of the financial savings to be made, the reduction in Carbon dioxide (Co2) emissions, and the payback period for any investment.
How It Works?
Once a request is placed with us for an Energy Audit, we will initiate the process as below
- 1 Assessment of Pumps or Pumping Systems and its Applications
- 2 On-Site Inspection and data collection with the necessary equipment
- 3 Data logging to assess the energy consumption, flow and differential pressure to
design a pump load profile
- 4 The report is generated based on the analyzed data, highlighting the areas covered as well as current and potential operation capabilities.
- 5 Presentation of Energy Audit report along with a selection of energy-efficient pumps or pumping systems that will reduce operating costs and lower your company’s carbon footprint.